Wednesday, April 26, 2017

SRS Update

I adapted a template poster written in the LaTeX typesetting language so my teammates and I could present at the Student Research Symposium at our university.
I created an outline of our work and discussed the poster's contents with Dr. Zheng and Dr. Ku, and I adjusted the poster's typographic features in order to squeeze in as much content into our limited 48 by 36 inch poster as possible.
A notable feature is our use of microtype in order to improve the appearance of the text using several techniques. These are masterfully described by Khirevich here: khirevich.com/latex/microtype/

Our presentation was Thursday, April 20th. Like our oral presentation at the SITE conference in Austin, our poster presentation inspired several useful comments from the educators in our audience. A highly desired feature was the ability to use our app for quizzes.

- Hugo

No comments:

Post a Comment