We were able to meet with Yang about this. He showed us which lines we needed to change. Once I changed these lines I was able to compile the code.
Another issue I ran into is that I don't have enough memory on my school account to process all of the photos. I was hoping to be able to get a matlab version for my home computer, however, I have not been able to do that. Dr. Zheng said that it is ok if I just use one or two pictures to start processing my code. Once it works for these couple of pictures I could hand the code over to Yang for full testing over all of the pictures.
As for now I am working on the RGB color feature.