We have completed a basic pattern generation script along with a basic patten entry method in the application. Further development in these two components will increase usability in the survey. The client networking code has been rewritten using C++, which has eliminated the app-crashing bug on the Android platform.
One of the major goals we have for the next few weeks is to complete all the required documentation for our IRB proposal. We expect the approval process to take 3-4 weeks, so it is crucial that we complete the proposal material as soon as possible. We will also continue working on the client-side and server-side components in an effort to finalize our system before the user study. The account creation aspect of our system will need to be implemented so that new users can log in to the system.
We will have permission from the Institutional Review Board to collect data from testing our application in classrooms.
Monday, January 23, 2017
We have completed the collaborative research paper and we have submitted the paper to the organization. We have managed to get QR functionality in the app by using the quirc QR decoder library. We have yet to get the in-app camera working. In the coming weeks we will continue developing the in-app pattern submission system, along with server-side pattern generation.
Sunday, January 15, 2017