Tuesday, December 4, 2018

(12-4) Achievements

This week, I embedded my site into the my canvas page, and I'm currently laying out all of the achievements I want to incorporate into the site. By determining what achievements I want, we'll know what information from the game server I will need to be provided.

Next week, I'll read further into the API we will use to link logins from canvas, to the game server, to my site. I'll also keep working on the site as a whole to make it less buggy, look nicer, and have an overall better user experience. For example, I read that it's possible to link an external CSS stylesheet from over the internet. Many sites do not actually write their own CSS - they use one of the many free ones professionals post on the internet.

I'm also still parsing through the very cryptic json data returned by the game server. This data is harder to parse through than the previous one for some reason. Using PHP's simpleXML function isn't "just working", so I have to figure out why.

No comments:

Post a Comment