Wednesday, January 30, 2019

(1-30) Further Work with the Eric API

This week was a pretty slow week. I managed to successfully migrate everything over to my web server, however, it has been a struggle getting the Eric API to work.

I believe most of it is due to the fact the API was developed to be used with Moodle, therefore, I have to manually edit the values of some PHP files to match what is required to use my database.

We were able to add the required Eric API databases on my web server, as well as authenticating my server with the TCG server. As far as I know, I should be good to go when it comes to linking a student's Canvas account and their TCG account. However, now I must figure out which PHP scripts to call in order to do this, and pull their cardbooks to display on the site. This will likely require just as much, if not more, communication between Eric and I to figure out, since I will likely have to edit more files.

So far I have been learning how to communicate and work with another developer. All my assignments in school this far have been done individually, so I had no experience even reading someone else's code. I now feel more prepared with the group works I will be assigned to this semester.

No comments:

Post a Comment