Monday, January 14, 2019

(1-14) More PHP

This week, I mainly focused on trying to implement the ERIC API, and further developing the site.

I learned to make a completely dynamic web page using php. I could have a php script running, and based on the results of certain functions, change the layout of my site. For example, if the student logs in, and I detect the student's role is 'student', I could append '<div id=student>student stuff</div>' rather than a teachers '<div id=teacher></div>' to a $content variable, then simply echo that variable at the end of the script.

After hours and hours of trying to get the ERIC API to work, I felt it would be more time-effective if I kept the login process I already implemented, and manually issue cards and rewards to students through the use of a TA.

I'm going to talk to my advisor about this, and my next blog post will contain the decision we come up with.

No comments:

Post a Comment