Monday, November 12, 2018

(11-12) Django

Last week I said my goal for this week was to not only develop a layout for my site, but to also add ways to share data to various social media. While this is still my goal, I discovered Django, a python framework for rapid web development.

I was initially attracted to Django for many reasons.
  • Python and C are my most-comfortable languages.
  • Python is entirely server side, eliminating the CORS issue I struggled with earlier
  • Django is amazing when it comes to database management and dynamic page layout - two things that are crucial to my site.
I tried learning Django earlier in this project, but all the tutorials used terminology involving web servers and databases, and I had zero experience in either of those topics. Now, however, I am able to follow these tutorials and I've started developing test sites using Django, and I'm loving this framework.

I'll spend this week learning the ins and outs of Django.
  • How to use Django with a public domain name rather than localhost
  • How to use Django to implement logins and display data based on data imported from canvas and the game server into an sqlite database.
  • How to use Django to display a beautiful, user friendly webpage
  • Pretty much just how to use Django.

No comments:

Post a Comment