Saturday, September 15, 2018

(9/15) Canvas Discovery

This week was a great week.

I figured out how to use the canvas API to pull student data from within a course, including grades, attendance, and assignment performance, all utilizing only GET requests. All this information is available using only the teacher's account, so we don't need every students' information.

My second goal was to find a way to display game data from a remote web server in canvas itself. I then discovered canvas is capable of displaying HTML and Javascript, which is incredibly useful if I want to use something like AJAX to display an Iframe of another site from within canvas.

My next goals are to implement two things: first would be displaying our test website in a canvas home page, and the second would be to display student class information on another website that I would be hosting myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment