Friday, April 27, 2012

Post-Vegas Update

The ITNG 2012 conference in Vegas was quite a learning experience. Yang did a great job presenting our Wavelet paper.

Kate and I attended one session each day of the conference, including ours (Image and Audio Processing Applications), Information Security and Privacy, and Social Computing. While most of the presentations were interesting, I feel we learned another lesson from the presenters: what not to do during a presentation, and what not to wear. Dr. Zheng told us the dress code was business professional, so it was kind of funny to see some of the presenters wearing jeans.

We had our last official meeting of the semester today. Our final report for CREU is due May 4, so Kate and I will get that done this weekend. Dr. Zheng also informed us of his research proposal for next semester. I'm not sure I'll be able to do it, what with Senior Design and the potential of working 20 hours a week looming.

Jacqui

No comments:

Post a Comment